When Married ... with Children first aired in 1987, it was most notable for being the very first prime-time series to air on the brand new Fox network. When it ended its run eleven seasons later, the sitcom, which centered on the highly dysfunctional Bundy family, was a modern-day institution and staple television show for decades to follow.
At the center of the Married ... with Children was America's most lovable loser, Al Bundy. Played to perfection by Ed O'Neill, Bundy was a washed up former high school football star, who regretted most of the roads his life had taken him down. The highlight of his life would be the infamous moment when played fullback for Polk High and scored 4 touchdowns in the city championship game.
With a pathetic job as a woman's shoe salesmen, mountains of debt and a city of people who hate him, it would be very easy to make a list called "How Not to Be Like Al Bundy."
But real fans know the truth. Al Bundy was a God among men. Besides, despite his many less-than-great qualities, Al did love his family, no matter how often he said otherwise. So after watching nearly episode of Married ... with Children, here's 14 Important Life Lessons You Can Learn From Al Bundy. Trust us, this is all good advice :)
1. Dress for the job you want, not the job you have.
2. A good night's sleep is one of the most important things you can do with your day.
3. Get plenty of fluids.
4. Never underestimate the power of persistence.
5. Listening often says much more than speaking.
6. Try to spend at least 15 minutes a day reading something new.
7. Find a way to make your passion your profession and you'll never work a day in your life.
8. Be sure to visit the dentist at least twice a year.
9. Don't be afraid to share your feelings.
10. Learn to be comfortable spending time alone.
11. You should never feel guilty about taking a vacation.
12. The most important thing in life is spending time with your family.
13. When things are at their worst, put on a brave face and lie.
14. Always keep dreaming.
And there you have it. That's it for this post, but first, let the wise words of Al Bundy in this video clip inspire you, no matter how pathetic people might try and convince you that you may be.
Check out our Top Sellers in Al Bundy Shirts: